Day in the Life of a Principal

0

Madison High School's Principal, Mr. Klassen.

People think being a principal is easy, but it can be hard work. Their days are long and tiring. 

“Usually I’ll get to the school around 7:30 and start out by answering emails and returning phone calls from parents, students, what not. Then right now what is happening is teacher evaluations, so we are out in classrooms,” Principle Klassen said. “We usually have meetings most days with various different departments, parent groups, or student groups.”

At Madison High School teacher evaluations are going on so the principals are talking to many students and teachers.

“I’d probably say I talk to 20-25 teachers a day. That’s probably an average, some days it’s more than that,” Klassen said. “I usually try to visit different areas of the school, so that I’m not in the same area.”

Even through the hard work, Principal Klassen loves what he does. 

“It’s great. I love Madison High School. It’s the best high school in the state. We got phenomenal students and phenomenal teachers. We have great parents that care about education. It’s a great place to be a principal,” Klassen said. “There isn’t ever a night when I’m not doing something at or for the school, whether it’s a basketball game, Mr. Madison, or a concert. There is rarely a time when I’m away from the school.”