Should Guys Have Facial Hair in High School?

0

Is facial hair preferred for guys to have in High School? This is the argument between girls and guys around the school, but why?

“I think [facial hair] is fine as long as it is well maintained,” Sophomore Parker Willmore said.

Willmore is one of many that see having a beard as an okay thing as long as they can keep it looking good. Girls are having some opposing views as they look for people to date and many don’t see it as attractive.

Picture credit: Owen Davis- Owen Davis and his full beard.

“In my opinion I think guys in high school should not grow facial hair because it simply does not look good. I have asked many girls too and they all agree that facial hair is not attractive on a man in high school. So if a guy wants to get a girl to like him then don’t grow a beard,” Sophomore Naomi Rarick said. 

So if you are looking to be in the dating field, it may be smart to keep in mind that facial hair isn’t commonly liked. Why do people like to have facial hair?

“I feel like it definitely makes you look older and in my perspective, more respected by everyone you meet,” Junior Owen Davis said.

For some, facial hair is a real confidence booster and helps them receive more respect. Some things are liked a lot less when it comes to facial hair.

“If it’s patchy, don’t do it. If it is a healthy and full beard, I say do it,” Davis said.

Picture credit: Derek Heebner- Derek on a plane showing off his beard.