Bobcat Beat

Any Time is Tee Time

Junior Sophie Jeppesen and Junior Katelyn Ricks pose as they get ready for their tournament at Teton Lakes. They played in the same group. Ricks shot a 104 and Jeppesen shot a 105.

Baylee Klingler, Reporter

Madison golf team hosts invitational

On Wednesday, April 25th, the Madison golf team hosted the golf tournament at Teton Lakes. The tournament lasted from about 8am-2pm.  The girls and the boys both played a full 18 holes.

“I did pretty good. I could’ve done better, but I guess you could always do better. I made some really good puts,” Sophomore Brynlee Cordingley said.

The weather was very nice for the tournament and the players enjoyed the sun and had fun competing in it. The players golfed in groups of four. Sometimes the groups had players from other schools, other times they were their own teammates.

“The best part of the tournament was the weather,” Junior Katelyn Ricks said. “ In my group, I shot the best. I shot a 104. I beat one of the girls in my group by ten shots.”

Many students in the golf class also helped out with the tournament. They got to drive the golf carts around, get the food ready for the players and make sure they had water.

“I drove around to each group of golfers and I would ask if they needed anything. I would ask if they needed any drinks or food,” Junior Tianna Orr said.

The Madison golf team’s next tournament on Monday against Blackfoot got cancelled. They are rescheduling the tournament so golf practices will proceed as normal.

Justin Garn watches where his ball will land.