Are You Ready For The Winter OIympics?

0

The Winter Olympics are coming up soon. MHS students are excited to watch the professional snowboarding and other sports that you can’t do in the Summertime.  

“I snowboarded for a long time and have a passion for it. I am looking forward to Freestyle and all the half pipes. Everybody is super excited to see the professionals go out and show everybody their skills and what they’ve been working on. It’s super fun to watch them and all the new tricks that they do,” Sophomore Jacob Christensen said.

There isn’t always as much to do in the Winter as there is in the Summer. Because of this, people tend to think the Summer Olympics are watched more.

“I love to snowboard, it’s my favorite thing to do. I think the Summer Olympics are more popular,” Sophomore Grace Bair said.

Most people that watch the Winter Olympics do the sport themselves. People like to see professionals compete and would like to try the new tricks they do.

“I’m excited to watch the snowboarding and skiing freestyle events and also the bobsled. I think it’s awesome. I ski and snowboard so it’s cool to watch the professionals go and then you can learn new tricks from them. I think the bobsledding is nuts and those guys are legit. I’m going to have to maybe try it sometime,” Sophomore Quinn Miller said.