Project Citizen Preparation

0

Every year Project Citizen rolls around for Government B students. Students prepare for the entire trimester to give a 30-minute presentation to a panel of judges. They must work in groups to find a problem in their community and come up with different ways to solve the problem.

“Project Citizen is a mandate given by the government to inspire kids to change their world. The thing I like about Project Citizen is that it really allows you to use your creativity to do something that you are inspired about,” Senior Daynen Hinkley said.

Students get to choose a problem that can be as big as space clean up all the way down to a broken water fountain.

“I think it is a really good opportunity for students to look around them and find a problem and work together to solve it and be aware of the community around them. It has been really eye-opening to see the problems that really are out there because you don’t think it is that big of a deal but it has been good to really work through the process and figure out solutions,” Senior Megan Parkinson said.

Project Citizen doesn’t have to be difficult. Just stay motivated and find a problem you care about.

“Get in a group that is motivated. I feel like my group is very motivated. We all like the subject, we chose. If you get in a group that likes the subject, and you like the subject, then it makes it a lot easier to get stuff done. Do a subject that you genuinely want to change,” Senior Kalli Thueson said.