Hustle Hard, Study Smart

0

Grover posing for the camera (Photo by Mark Grover)

by Jacob Sansom II

High school can be a rather tedious thing to complete on a checklist of things we are expected to do. It isn’t always the focus of students’ lives though. One thing that is most commonly brought up to students is the idea of their future. Luckily, some students have a head start.

“My business is ShapeUpIdaho. It started off as a hedge and shrubbery trimming company and has grown to include lawn mowing, junk and snow removal, and moving services,” Senior Alexander Grover said.

Maintaining a business as a high school student can be difficult especially when trying to keep grades up and find time for extracurricular activities.

“I’ve hired several of my friends to help run it and make it smooth for my clients. It makes up for a busy schedule. I’m taking work release 4th and 5th hour which helps me run my business efficiently,” Grover said.

Running a business can be a highly demanding job for most, but not for Junior Lachlyn Golder.

“So basically I take thrifted quilts and tapestry blankets and I turn them into hoodies. I’d say for the most part it’s pretty easy. I go home, do my homework, and then grind out some hoodies,” Golder said.

Managing a business can be a difficult thing but these students continue to push forward towards their future with dedication and determination.

“It does get in the way a little bit sometimes when I prioritize my business over school. For the most part, I’m able to balance it pretty well,” Golder said.

Golder standing amidst foliage (Photo by Danielle Brooke)