Even though you learn a lot of valuable life skills in Shop classes, Junior Drake Rainey and Sophomore Talon Hymas still have fun.

Many students at MHS don’t know about the shop activities in our PTE building. Students in the shop classes learn new skills that they can use in their daily lives.

“{Students want} to get a feel for it and see if they might want to have some kind of occupation later on. Shop classes at MHS are not as popular as many of the other elective activities here,” Junior Kole Bauer said.

There are a few students that think the lack of Agriculture teachers has an effect on the amount of kids that take these classes. Other students think that there’s just not as much interest in them.

“I think that they could use more because some of the classes get full really fast and not as many kids have the opportunity to take them and experience the awesome features that some of the agriculture classes have,” Junior Drake Rainey said.

Welding and Agriculture related classes at MHS are a good learning experience. Many students are taking these classes to prepare for future agriculture related jobs.

“You get a lot. Most of the things you’re doing out here, a lot of people are doing in their daily lives at work, out farming, everywhere,” Sophomore Mason Flanary said.