Your Guide to Becoming a Business Expert

0

BPA member, Daniela Hunter standing in the hall.

A BPA polo shirt displayed in the display case on the 2nd floor.

BPA is a great opportunity for high school students. You can learn about a ton of different business categories, and compete in them, all while you gain important life skills. Anyone can join BPA, and anyone can compete at the smaller competitions. Even if you are in BPA, you don’t have to compete.

“In one of my events I had to fill out a multiple choice test and they had different documents that I had to edit and format. In my other one I had a prompt that I had been given and I had to create a presentation on it,” Senior Daniela Hunter said.

Hunter has been involved in BPA since the beginning of this school year. At regionals she placed 1st in Basic Office Procedures, and 2nd in Presentation Management.

“I’m actually going into business in college so it’ll just help with projects that I have to interact with,” Hunter said.

BPA can help with future jobs, and even college classes. There are so many benefits when you join BPA. Usually they have meetings during lunch, and there is food provided like Jimmy Johns and other fast food restaurants.

“BPA stands for Business Professionals of America, and it’s a career technical student organization that’s led by students and it’s supposed to help them learn about different careers while they’re in schools,” Mrs. Barzee said.

Mrs. Barzee has been teaching business here at Madison for many years, and she helped about 18 students qualify for state at the recent regional competition.

“It’s really great for your resume, it’s good on college applications, it’s good on scholarship applications, and it’s good for you to discover what you’re interested in early, before college.