MHS student section while the Bobcats hammer the Bees.

Every week, MHS students crowd into the student section at many different games. A big part of the student section is showing your school spirit. For almost every game, a theme is posted on social media telling all the students what to wear. Senior Ava Hall has some great ideas for upcoming games.

“I wish we would do boujee out, camo out, construction workers, western, and frat boys,” Hall said.

A part of the student section is taking a group picture. Senior Whitney Wasden is always front and center in MHS student section pictures.

“I like having a theme, I think it’s fun for everyone to dress up and make pictures look good,” Wasden said.

At the homecoming game, the theme was your best school spirit and the student section had a big turnout. On games where the theme was pink out, and tropical there wasn’t as big of a turnout. Could this be because of the theme? Junior Gracie Rowe believes that’s the case.

“I think that when people have a theme that they like and is easier to dress up for they are more likely to come.” Rowe said, “but at other games that are a little bit harder to dress up for less people show up I feel like.”

There are always themes students like and don’t like. Senior Brielle Barney shares her favorite theme MHS has done.

“My favorite theme was when we did USA because everyone was decked out and we had a flag, it was just a party,” Barney said.

Senior Ava Hall cheering on the Bobcats as they face Thunder Ridge. (Lacie Little)