Culinary Students Make Delicious Lunches

0

sdfzagbvszDFVZA

MHS students who are taking Mrs. Eastin’s food culinary class are making faculty lunches for the school. They started this project on April 26th and are selling them every Thursday. Order will be online, which Mrs. Eastin will send the documents to order to the teachers. It costs $5. Teachers can choose if they want to pick it up at Mrs. Eastin’s room or the students will deliver.

“I like when people say that my food is good or I did good job. We make food that is homemade so they are good,” Senior Joao Vitor Serrasqueiro said.

Students are taking culinary class 2nd and 3rd periods. They have learned how to cook and about food safety this trimester and are using their knowledge to make the meals.

“I think it’s fun to not just make food for ourselves but see how other people like it or what we should change about our food. I learn that it’s easier if you plan everything out at the beginning,” Junior Eden Whoolery said.

The menu includes main dish, sides, salad, and dessert. Mrs. Wallis is a customer of The Bobcat Bakery.  

“The lunch was really good. (I bought it) because it’s convenient and I like that they go out and present it. I think it’s awesome that students are making lunch to practice their skills. My favorite menu was the sliders that they made. I want to buy it again,” Mrs. Wallis said.