Sophomores Speak up About Their First Year at MHS

0

Luke Cloward, Jessica Appelk, Emilee Barrett, and Hannah Castro enjoy spending time with each other after being introduced in a class together.

With the school year winding down and only forty days left, MHS sophomores describe how their first year experience of high school went.

“Good. It was stressful at first but it got better. I came out of my shell more and met new people which was good for me personally,” Sophomore Emilee Berrett said.

Some students really enjoyed the laid back feeling of MHS during their school year.

“I just like how chill the high school is. It’s really laid back and I like how no one cares. Everyone is just worried about themselves which I think is kind of nice,” Sophomore Jordyn Day said.

A few sophomores wish they would have given more of their dedication to some aspects of their first year.

“I think I could have tired a little bit harder in my first two trimesters. I wish I would have been more active and known what I wanted from the beginning, because I am looking for different things now,” Sophomore Braderick Wasden said.

With so many different classes MHS has to offer it was a way for some students to form new friendships.

“Biology and cooking class introduced me to different people and we started hanging out more and becoming friends,” Berrett said.

Coming from the Jr. High school, a few sophomores expressed that they favor MHS.

“Compared to the Jr.High at least I feel like I have a lot more space and room. It’s already been a thousand times better than the Jr.High ever was,” Wasden said.

More classes and different teachers have allowed students to connect better.

“It’s bigger and has a better range of classes to choose from. I’ve connected better with more teachers here,” Berrett said.

For all the freshmans coming to MHS next year some sophomores advice would be to have fun and to choose happiness.  

“Have fun and make the most of it. Live in the moment because it only lasts so long,” Day said.