More Music and Major Events

0

The upcoming final performances for the band, orchestra, and choir will take place in April and May. The students have been working very hard this year and the music teachers have enjoyed the opportunity to work with them.

“It’s been a great year, a really great year. The kids have been really pleasant to work with and they’ve worked pretty hard, we’ve had some really fun opportunities,” The choir teacher, Mr. Hinck, said.

The Choir has some upcoming events that they’ve been working towards.

“We have a student who is qualified to go to the state solo competition, who won the district competition. Sarah Nelson is going to represent us with that. We have our Choir festival in the end of April. And then we have graduation concerts in May,” Mr. Hinck said.

Along with the choir, the band also will begin their festivals and final performances of the school year.

“We have all of our festivals coming up, we have our Gem State Conference Festivals and that’s probably our big thing. Then our end of the year concerts we have three of them our Percussion concert, the Jazz concert, and our regular Concert band performance,” The band teacher Mr. North said.

He also hopes people will be able to see the students enjoy creating music.

“They will be able to see a whole bunch of kids having a lot of fun doing good things. We do work very hard at what we do. I think it shows, in my mind it shows,” Mr. North said.

The Orchestra also has multiple events coming up as well.

“We have a concert on May 15th it’s the Sophomore, Junior, and Senior Orchestra. They are also playing in graduation, and we’re going to Disneyland. We have a California trip in June but we’re probably going to add an extra concert at the end of April where we have a bunch of students that want to play solos,” The orchestra teacher Mr. Hansen said.

He said he thoroughly enjoys getting the privilege to interact with MHS students.

“It’s probably interacting with the students, my favorite part. The music is fun too. But the students are what make it worth it I think,” Mr. Hansen said.

Mr. North values the little moments in learning music.

“It’s that little moment when in the midst of working on something big, that a student an individual gets an ‘Oh I get it,’ moment.  And when the music really speaks to someone and opens up their mind to something wonderful I love those moments. As a young person, that happened to me. That’s why I wanted to go into teaching. And now as a teacher those are the moments I look for,” Mr. North said.