For seniors, at MHS, the countdown has begun. Graduation is only 5 months away. Senioritis is kicking in and students are ready to be done with high school.

“I’m excited to be out of high school. I am just really excited to get into the real world and have that experience. I think that seniors should think about what they want to do after graduation because it’s no fun to hit a barrier of ‘Oh shoot, I haven’t gotten this far in my planning.’ It’s been a great year, so far, and I’m excited to see what the future holds,” Senior Sam Chambers said.

There are many different plans, that students have, for after high school. Senior Grant Call has some big plans for when he graduates.

“I am enlisted in the Marines. I will be a main battle tank engineer. I will be doing basic training, combat training, and my MOS. Then I will be going on my mission after that,” Call said.

Senior year can be an enjoyable time. Mrs. Decker gave her advice to Seniors who are graduating this year.

“My senior year was really fun, probably way too much fun. I made sure to take all of the hard classes my junior year so my senior year I just had a good time. My advice to seniors is to finish strong. Don’t think about this last year. Especially if you haven’t taken all of your hard classes. Just finish strong,” Mrs. Decker said.

[Mrs. Decker teaching her students]