Students of Madison High School go to state for BPA.

0

BPAs nine members make it to State, and two are going to Nationals.

Brielle Hammond

Going to state in Boise is a big deal to Business Professionals of America (BPA) members. In January, nine BPA students qualified at the Regional Leadership Conference in order to compete at State.

“Every student we took, placed first in something at regionals” said Mrs. Barzee.

Junior Caleb Barzee took 1st in both Web Design and SQL Database Fundamentals.

Junior Emily Bennett took took 1st in both Administrative Support Research and Presentations Management Team.

Junior Aspyn Powell took 1st in Presentations Management Team and 3rd in Medical Office Procedures.

Senior Kaden Cook took 1st in Entrepreneurship and 2nd in Human Resource Management.

Senior Shayla Lords took 1st in Web Design Team and 3rd in Graphic Design Promotion.

This has been the best year for Madison BPA for a long time.

“Our region hasn’t had anyone score above 90 percent on an Open Test Event in years. Daniel Morrin scored a 94 percent in Financial Math & Analysis Concepts,” said Barzee.

The state competition was at Boise State University. 1,325 students from 93 schools in Idaho competed in Boise.

Caleb Barzee and Makenzy Wasden placed in the top three of their individual events and will attend BPA National Leadership Conference in Boston this May.They are the only ones competing from Madison, but the other members of BPA are able to go to Boston to support Barzee and Wasden.