Scholarships are Available at MHS

0

A selection of students at MHS who have been granted scholarships.

Applying for scholarships is one of the important things to do for high school students. Do you know what kind of scholarships you can apply for and how to do it? There are 3 types of scholarships: scholarships with a university or technical school, national scholarships and local scholarships.

“The counselling center has a lot of scholarship options. When scholarship comes in the mail, I will post them in the career center, which is in counselling center, and then I will make an announcement.  If you bring academic resume to me, you will automatically apply for 12 different scholarships.” Mrs. Allowitz said.

All of the scholarships available at the counseling office.

Last year, there was about 40 different types of scholarship that MHS students received. The total of that was around $800,000 and over 200 students got it. Some students have already gotten scholarships this year.

“I was selected to participate in the United States Senate Youth Program. It is a government scholarship and I was awarded 10,000 dollars. It was a really intense application process. I took test to qualify then wrote an essay, and sent it to the Idaho education department. I also sent in all my grades and extracurricular stuff as well as a number of references. I was just grateful for our wonderful school district and the people who helped me a bunch when it came to the application process.“ Senior, Keegan Wolfe said.

January of your senior year is when you start to see most of the scholarships. However, you can apply for scholarships as young as 7th grade. They also have scholarships for technical programs. Although not all scholarships are for grades, GPA will be important in many scholarships.

“I’m going to BYU in the fall and qualify for a full ride academic scholarship. The scholarship will cover all tuition costs and i got it because I have a 4.0 GPA and 31 ACT score. All we have to do to qualify is to work hard in school and get good grades.“ Senior, Abigail Reeser said.