MHS Students being featured on PBS Newshour

0

MHS was chosen as a Student Reporting Lab (SRL) this year which means Bobcat Beat and the Broadcasting program are working with producers in Washington DC to plan, interview, video, and edit news packages.  

Our SRL team completed their first school news package about The Youth Vote where they asked students about their thoughts on today’s vote. One of their interviews was chosen from over 300 interviews done at high schools all around the nation to appear on Newshour Weekend last week.

SRL producers from Newshour also periodically send out Rapid Responses, prompts with 10 questions to all of the labs. They usually deal with current stories in the news and SRL students only have a couple of days to respond with their top interviews, edits and final shots.

Two of Madison’s interview were chosen in the first Rapid Response to be used in a news package about how teens feel about whether adults should be held responsible for their actions as teens. The package appeared on Twitter and Facebook and then aired on Newshour.

Idaho Public Television shared the whole video on their facebook today to help encourage voting.

They are working on various projects at one time. If you are interested in telling stories through videoing and editing, come talk to Mrs. Stanford or Mr. Barrus about which class would be best for you to join.