School spirit is at its peak during Homecoming week

0

Homecoming is a good time to show school spirit. Many students participate in the dress up days and the after school activities.

“This year for we are having lots of different things to do. Each day we are having competitions to see which class is most dressed up and how well each has supported. I haved helped with planning the dress up days and activities. Even with the fire bans that are in place, we will have an exception for this. We are going to be having the fire department there the whole time. They will be starting it and they will stay until it’s done burning,” Senior Joseph Sanns said.

Many people enjoy homecoming but it has a lot of behind the scenes planning that many of the students don’t see.  Coming up with dress up days is just some of the planning that goes on.

“One of my favorite days to dress up during homecoming would probably be the spirit day. It allows us students to have more of a reason to dress up in school colors. I feel like it also helps set the hyped mood for those who go to the football game that night,” Senior Chevy Duff said.

Lots of the students dress of but there are also many who don’t participate in the dress up and the actives.

“I personally don’t really participate in the dressing up. I really do enjoy looking at the other students and seeing how they decided to dress up and what they did,”  Senior Walker Wood said.