Bobcat Beat

Athletes Compete Off-season

Some+of+last+years+boys+basketball+team+playing+in+a+summer+ball+tournament.+The+team+got+first+place+after+beating+Hillcrest+by+2.+Other+teammates+were+playing+other+sports+and+couldn%E2%80%99t+make+it+to+this+tournament.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Athletes Compete Off-season

Some of last years boys basketball team playing in a summer ball tournament. The team got first place after beating Hillcrest by 2. Other teammates were playing other sports and couldn’t make it to this tournament.

Photo Courtesy Lisa Webster

Photo Courtesy Lisa Webster

Photo Courtesy Lisa Webster

Cameron Webster, Reporter

What athletes really do in their off-season.

Every athlete has an off season and people want to know what they really do during their time in the summer. Some people think that is it all about lifting weights and and getting in shape, but there is a lot more.

Athletes have team bonding activities and play in tournaments, but they also get into the weight room to get stronger.  

“I try to lift weights as much as I can so I can get stronger,” Senior Joseph Dougherty said.

There is more than just lifting weights during the offseason. Athletes get new teammates and need to bond with the people they will work with next year.

“We do a lot of team bonding activities like going boating after a week of two-a-days,” Senior Hali Rasmussen said.

Most athletes use the summer to get better. Every athlete’s goal is to win a state championship and they prepare for it during their offseason.

“Coach likes us to workout so we have a chance win a championship,” Junior Malachi Valora said.