Bobcat Beat

Softball and Smiles Ahead

The softball team forms a circle to come together before their game. 
Photo Courtesy of Eden Little

The softball team forms a circle to come together before their game. Photo Courtesy of Eden Little

Sidney Jensen

The upcoming season for the MHS softball team has been delayed due to weather, but they will begin competing as soon as possible. They began practices February 26, 2018. Their first two games will take place in Twin Falls and Minico. When the girls take the field it is game time and everything else comes second.

“My feeling is nothing else matters. And everyone says that and it’s a basic typical thing. But you’re there to play. Literally all my stresses leave my head,” Sophomore Skye Petersen said.

The girls aren’t only excited for competing this upcoming season but spending time together as a team.

“The bus rides and the team bonding. And just being able to play with people I like and doing something that I love. It’s exciting and being able to win with the team and celebrating together that’s fun,” Sophomore Eden Little said.

Their coaches are also a big help in helping them attain new skills and getting them to work.

“ I think she works with us all really well. She knows each and everyone of us and our potential. She has a strict side I guess but she knows how to keep it under control and make sure that we know how to practice,” Petersen said.

Debbie Jensen and Ashley Arnold are the coaches. They participate in a lot of different drills during practices and enjoy each others company daily.  

“We have our struggles but we spend so much time with each other that we develop bonds you can’t form anywhere else. So we kinda become sisters. We have fun together,” Little said.

The team enjoys the sport so they understand why it’s important to work hard and put in their best effort.

“Do your best, whatever happens just do your best. And then when you look back you don’t have any regrets. You always gotta try your hardest. You get what you work for,” Little said.