The parking lot situation at MHS is a big problem, the teacher parking lot is always full of students cars and students are parked in illegal places.

“I feel like it is ridiculous to try to find a spot at the Ag building and for students like myself who take mostly Ag classes it’s just kind of a pain to park clear out in the back corner of the parking lot when all of your classes are so far away. All the talk about expanding the Ag parking lot around needs to happen ASAP,” Junior Kole Bauer said.

Some of the students parking has caused actual problems with other things that have to go on outside of the school.

“We’ve had two instances where I’ve had to go get a kid out of class to move his car so that we could do business as we needed to, we needed to unload something at the Ag building and there was someone in the way, the garbage man skips that garbage can because kids park behind the Ag building so he can’t make the full loop or they just park in front of the garbage can,” Mr. Klassen said.

Before the end of the school year they are going to start making a bigger parking lot by the Ag building.

“As soon as construction starts we’re just going to start towing kids, we’re gonna send letters home, parents are going to be aware of it, students are going to be aware of it. If you are impeding on construction you’re just gonna be towed no questions asked,” Mr. Klassen said.