Fall Begins as Summer ‘Leafs’

0

The Fall Equinox on Sept 22, 2017, officially marked the beginning of Fall. Some of the students at MHS tell how they feel about fall.

“I love fall most of the time. I like the leaves and then I like the smell of pumpkins and I like carving pumpkins, I love halloween,” Junior Kindra Skinner said.

During the Fall students lives are a little different than the rest of the year. They eat different food and participate in special fall activities.

“I eat a lot of pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin pie, it’s one of my favorite things ever,” Senior Coldon Malan said.

As Fall moves us closer to the Winter months the leaves begin to change

“I just like watching the leaves from my window because it is so pretty,” Skinner said.

Some students feel that Fall time in Rexburg is not as great as in other places.

“There are less trees where the leaves change colors. It’s more just slowly the green becomes less beautiful, but back before I moved here, in kansas its really cool because you see all the leaves change colors and there are all the reds and the browns and the golds and the leaves fall down and it’s just really pretty,” Sophomore Melanie Miles said.

One of the biggest signs of Fall is the weather cooling down. Miles says that she enjoys the colder temperatures and weather Fall brings.

“I like dressing warm. It’s just more fun during the fall because in winter time it’s all depressing because it’s dark and dreary but fall you can dress warm and it’s fun,” Miles said.

Melanie Miles sporting a fall sweater.