The Student News Site of Madison High School

Bobcat Beat

The Jax ATTACK!

By: Hannah Marie Davenport

Madison basketball  player Jaxon Edelmayer has a lot going for him. He is very intelligent and outgoing. Edelmayer is a great team player. He is hard working on the court and gives his teammates positive feedback and motivation while on the court.

Jaxon became a great defender at Madison Jr High in the 8th grade. “Mostly because you got to be able to play defense, they really stress that at Madison,” said Edelmayer.

Jaxon has always been outgoing  especially when he is on the court. He always  gets the team involved and pumped during practices or in games,  and he uplifts and makes sure everyone is on the right page.

He is very competitive during practice and is even more competitive in games, but he keeps his eye on the ball and pushes himself until he can’t take anymore.  He was told a few years ago that he was playing a little too unselfish, and the most his coach has to gets mad about with him is when he doesn’t take the shot when he is supposed to or when he passed up a shot that he should of taken.

Jaxon tries to overcome that by just keeping his mind on what they want him to do more on offense. Jaxon is a great shooter and a great low post player and is great at getting everyone involved.

Jaxon’s selflessness and sense of camaraderie with his teammates are very inspiring. Jaxon’s future is big. He wants to get a full ride scholarship to a school and play college ball.

“Jaxon has always had a love for the game of basketball. He is the driving force behind his success on the court. Meaning that even when his parents tell him ‘Jax take a break,’ he is the one that goes to the gym and plays for hours. He had always had the ability to see and do things on the court that was way beyond his years to be better when it comes to basketball,”said Kim Edelmayer, Jaxon’s mother.  

His mother also gives this advice and guidance to other mothers of younger players who aspire to become as great as Jaxon is.  “Let them play for fun. Let them develop a love for the game because they have many years where it is hard and even then they had a lot of coaches who yell at them. They need to have parents who cheer for them not to be critical, I didn’t always do this and I wish I had. The time will come when they will miss the priceless opportunity of watching your child do what they do.”