New Prom Announcements

0

Photo of the venue, The Brickyard Event Center.

New Year, New Prom

Prom is fast approaching and some new changes to this year’s agenda have been made to make it more memorable. Prom 2023 will be held at a new venue in Idaho Falls with transportation included. Students also will be able to vote on a Senior Prom Queen and King. But some students have varying opinions over whether or not it’s worth the money and the distance. Many boys who would be in charge of the date are deciding not to go at all.

“It has to be at least jam packed and better, not just mosh pitting,” Junior Bradley Pierre said

Indeed the trend of mosh pitting has left students with a bitter taste of school dances and can have an underwhelming effect. The increase in price has a right for concern, especially with students’ complicated work and pay schedules. But some Senior guys could not be more excited.

“Personally I think it’s going to be worth it. I mean it’s senior prom so I’m definitely going. Compared to a lot of other schools our prom is very cheap so upping the prices a little bit and adding a little more fun won’t hurt anything,” Senior Colby Cameron said.

This change has not stopped most Madison girls from looking forward to prom. Moving from the cafeteria to a big time venue is an exciting opportunity for them.

“It’s always weird to do it in the cafeteria, it makes it less exciting and special,” Senior Karly Boehm said.

Especially for the Senior girls, they see this change as a positive opportunity to end their high school career on a high note.

“You only go to Senior prom once…it’d be good for a change,” Senior Kayla Nielson said