by: Julianna Short, Brooke Hammond, Sommer Waldron
In early October, Idaho kids get out of school for a week to go work in potato fields. Seeing that not all want to work, many of these students party at home or go on vacation. We talked to many different students to find out their plans for the upcoming break.
- I am going to work for potato harvest for the first time. I will be working with a couple friends so it should be fun! My family might leave me and go to visit my grandparents but I will be working. ♥ Bryn Schmidt
- I am working during harvest, and I’m working for Bevan Jeppesen. They are long days but it’s good. I do the piler and I like to get paid. ♥ Kelsie Walker
- Maybe I will work but if not I’ll chill at home and with my family. Last year I worked for Joel Ashton and picked the stuff off the potatoes. The money was nice but working was super boring. If I do not work then I will do stuff with friends like the straw maze. ♥ Hannah Moore
- I might go to Utah and visit my family but I am still deciding. ♥ Stephen Crawford
- I am going run for cross country, do some wrestling stuff. ♥ Kaleb Christensen
- I have football to keep me busy and I will also just stay home and chill. ♥ Ryan Perks