Students and Teachers together at MHS

0

At MHS there are some teachers who have their kids in the same school. What is it like to have their kids as their students or to have their parents as their teachers?

“I do like having my mom as a teacher and I think it was fun to take her French class. I feel like I have to not get in trouble because my mom is at school all the time so she will figure it out about it,” Junior, Alec Hillier said.

Although they like to have their kids or parents at the same school, teachers have to be careful to make sure that they are fair to all the students.

“I think it’s fun to have my child in the same school because we can go to school together. The hardest time was when my child was in my French class because I wanted to make sure that I was fair. Sometimes I was harder on him,“ Mrs. Hillier said.

They are families at home and they are teachers and students at school. It is a special experience that most kids won’t have, normally.

“I taught it in the different district but when my oldest became a sophomore at MHS, my wife found out that there was a job opening in here, and she made me apply. I didn’t want to, but my wife said your kids will be there, you need to be there too. Now, I actually like it to have my kids in the same school,” Mr. Reeser said.