Students Get Creative on Halloween

0

Halloween is all about candy, haunted houses, scary movies, and most of all, dressing up. Students see this time of year as an opportunity to dress a little out of the ordinary and expand their fashion choices beyond their normal wardrobe. The students of MHS gave insight on their creative process when deciding how to dress up.

“I’m dressed as a Star Lord. Well. I was gonna dress up as Dwight Schrute from the office but I couldn’t find a mustard yellow shirt. So, I went into the older brothers room and saw this hanging up, so I grabbed it,” Senior Layton Dameron said.

Others choose a character from their favorite shows to dress up as.

“Im dressed up as Jim Halpert from The Office pretending to be Dwight Schrute. I’ve seen the whole series at least fifteen times,” Senior Charlie Taylor said.

The students all said candy was their favorite part of Halloween but they told about a few other Halloween favorites also.

“All the candy and I really like scary movies,” Taylor said.

Not everyone enjoy’s being scared, but it’s hard not to enjoy scaring someone else around this time of year.

“I like dressing up and scaring people,” Senior Jessica Anderson said.

Although most students like getting candy, not all of them love dressing up. Whether it’s a fear of being judged, or just forgetting to find a costume, a large part of the student body did not dress up this year.

“They can be scared to dress up, it’s kinda a hard thing you know? But it’s alright, they’re cool still,” Dameron said.

“They should dress up, I mean it’s fun, you get to dress up and show people what you like!” Senior Oscar Valdez said.