Southeast Idaho Students Prepare For the Future

0

As senioritis takes hold of the students all across the nation, colleges do their best to make taking the next step in life a little bit easier. The college fair combines representatives from all  over the region to help students gain an understanding of these campuses and the application processes.  

“There’s an energy that’s there when you have all the different colleges together. There’s an energy that is a motivation to have kids get excited about going on and doing the next thing. High school is great but there is the next thing and they help students look forward. It’s a cool feeling to have all that energy in one spot,”  Mrs. Allowitz, the school counselor said.

Along with the energy and excitement of preparing to take the next step in life, students also gain useful information about scholarships and other academic opportunities.    

“There was a nice man that came up to me and told me that I have opportunities to scholarships cuz im hispanic and I didn’t know that before. The most important thing I learned is that I can get scholarships and it will help me a lot more than I thought. Even just the $50 ones,” Senior Leslie Luna said.

The College representatives were able to provide needed information to the students and also lend a word of advice.

“A lot of us are in the admissions office so it’s a great chance to make contact with people who can answer questions in the future. Educate yourself. Talk to representatives like us. Go take tours on university campuses. Hangout on campus and see what it’s like.It gives you an opportunity to try things out,” Mr. Hyde, a BYU representative said.  

[BYU-Idaho representative Mr. Hyde teaches MHS students about benefits of going to college locally]